Eligibility: 18 years old and over.
Experience the beauty of Super 8mm.
Shoot your own Super 8mm short film! In this workshop, you will gain access to all the skills and equipment you need to make a short Super 8mm film. You’ll learn all aspects of operating a Super 8mm camera, with emphasis on getting the best exposure. Participants will have the opportunity to shoot their own Super 8mm film, and get to know the techniques of film editing on AVID. The final sound/music can be either a score or voice over or BOTH recorded during post production. By the end of the workshop each filmmaker should have a 2-4 minute complete Super 8mm film.
Class size: 6 participants (max).
When: 3 times a year.
1. First evening (3-4 hours) Instruction on a Super 8mm camera (Day vs Night, Exterior vs Interior).
2. Three full day shoots (6 filmmakers x ½ day) with filmmaker shooting the film. (Camera plus pepper kit, if needed).
3. Each filmmaker gets 6-8 hour edit on AVID with mentor.
4. Completion (2 hours) final music score/Vo added to film.
1. Two rolls of Super 8mm film (colour or black & white) No more. (Film processing and transfer to mini-dv included).
2. The film must have a storyline submitted with application.
3. Filmmaker should have a musician partnered with them unless the filmmaker is the musician. (Partnership between NIFCO and MusicNL).
4. Two locations (Maximum).
5. NIFCO and Non-Nifco members can apply.
Workshop Cost: $120.00.
Contact: Anna Petras at (709) 753-6121 ext. 225